I had this strange issue today…
One of my customers have set up DualWrite in their DEV environment and after some tweaking it worked OK. With that done they wanted to move the entire solution into TEST and verify that it worked. We packaged all the mappings into a Solution, exported it from DEV and moved it into TEST. We started enabling the Mappings for Legal Entity and a when we looked in CRM/CE we had a bunch of empty lines. We had the same number of lines but all of them were empty.
If we changed the data on one of the Legal Entities it synced over just fine but all the rest were still empty.
When we looked into the DMT files for the data project for the initial sync the files looked “good” to me… they contained data
|Company accounts data|,|dat|
Some of you might already see the issue 🙂 (don’t spoil the surprise) When contacting Support they told me then there is a problem with the text qualifier in the file… the strings should be enclosed in ” instead of |
It turns out that someone had changed the default format CSV-Unicode in Data Management Framework to this:
I changed it back to this:
After cleaning out the records from CRM/CE and rerunning initial sync everything works again…