Yesterday a colleague contacted me about missing all of the reports in Financial Reporting (previously Management Reporting). After looking around a bit and doing the mandatory reset of the DataMart (which did not help) I found this article mentioning the minimum steps needed in a new legal entity for it to appear in the Financial Reporting UI.
When running Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations there are some legacy software built in. These are packaged as ClickOnce applications and will be downloaded every time you run them. In Internet Explorer and the old version of Microsoft Edge this worked out of the box since these are .Net aware out of the box. When is comes to the all new chromium based Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome this is not the case. In order to get these working we will need a plugin installed in the browser.
For Microsoft (Chromium) Edge
To install in Edge the process is almost the same as for Google Chrome but with an additional steps prior to starting
- If you have not installed anything from the Google Web Store before you first need to enable it. Enter this adress in the adress field:
- Click Allow Extensions from other stores
- Now go directly to step 3 below
Tip: you can bookmark the URL to the Google Chrome Store to have it around
For Google Chrome
1. Go to the Chrome Web Store by going to Extensions in the Settings menu
2. Click the Chrome Web Store at the bottom of the page
3. Search for ClickOnce and Install ClickOnce for Google Chrome
There is a universal solution for most problems in Financial Reporting (used to be Management Reporter) and that is to reset the DataMart. The DataMart is an internal data warehouse for Financial Reporting and when something goes wrong it is usually because of bad data in the DataMart. Another reason for resetting it when you do a refresh of the transaction database in D365/AX. Here is how you do it.
- In D365 search for “Financial Reports”
- Depending on if you see reports or not either select a report and click edit or click new. This will open the Report Designer. Note that you will need to enable pop-ups. Also note that if you are doing this in Chrome you will need an extension called ClickOnce in order to run the designer.
- You will need to log in using your Dynamics Account.
- Choose a default company /which does not really matter for this operation)
- If there are any open report definition close it
- Go to Tools – Reset Data Mart…
- Check Reset data mart and select the correct reason for the reset
- Click OK
The Data Mart is now reset and filled with fresh data.
- Wait for the reset to finish
- When all lines have Status RanToCompletion the reset is done.