There is a universal solution for most problems in Financial Reporting (used to be Management Reporter) and that is to reset the DataMart. The DataMart is an internal data warehouse for Financial Reporting and when something goes wrong it is usually because of bad data in the DataMart. Another reason for resetting it when you do a refresh of the transaction database in D365/AX. Here is how you do it.
- In D365 search for “Financial Reports”
- Depending on if you see reports or not either select a report and click edit or click new. This will open the Report Designer. Note that you will need to enable pop-ups. Also note that if you are doing this in Chrome you will need an extension called ClickOnce in order to run the designer.
- You will need to log in using your Dynamics Account.
- Choose a default company /which does not really matter for this operation)
- If there are any open report definition close it
- Go to Tools – Reset Data Mart…
- Check Reset data mart and select the correct reason for the reset
- Click OK
The Data Mart is now reset and filled with fresh data.
- Wait for the reset to finish
- When all lines have Status RanToCompletion the reset is done.