I have started using Microsoft Edge (the Chromium version) and I really like it… Since I am coming from Google Chrome it is not that different except for two main things. The first one is that Microsoft has their own extension store which has much less extensions (the most important ones are there) and you can also use the Google Chrome Store although you will manually click on a link to use it. The second difference is that Microsoft has blocked Apps and Themes from the Google Store which would not have been a big deal for me if it wasn’t for the fact that I use themes to differentiate between multiple browser windows using different user profiles. This is the best way I have found to use multiple Azure accounts at the same time without having to sign out and in all the time.
There is how ever a work around.
- Install the extension Get CRX which gives you the option to download the file for the extension.
- Find the theme you want in the Google Chrome Store
- Right-click the extension page and select Get CRX of this extension
- When the file is done downloading open the page edge://extensions in Microsoft Edge
- Drag and drop the file you downloaded into the Edge tab you opened in 4
- In order to install the them you will have to approve the install security warning
Note: this is absolutely not the recommended way of installing an extension/theme, this is an ugly hack (a means to an end). If you are not sure please do not do this.
- Click add theme to add the theme
That is it…