In Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Microsoft provides a large repository for Electronic Reports. These cover a lot of scenarios but for those scenarios that requires custom reports you can use LCS to store these in order to share them between environments.
This requires a configuration in D365
First you need to add a configuration provider:
- In D365FO search for “Electronic Reporting”
- In the right click Configuration Providers
- Click New, Give it a Name and a URL and click save
- Back in the GER Workspace select the new provider and click Repositories
- On the Configuration repositories screen click Add – LCS and Create Repository. Select the correct LCS project and click OK.
Note: Sometimes you need to make a connection to LCS. To do that click “Click here to connect to LifeCycle Services”. This is done in a separate tab. When it is done switch back to the previous tab and click OK. If you get an error, try again.
EDIT 2019-06-03 If you are not seeing the the option to select an LCS project at all, you will need to make a connection between Dynamics 365 FO and LCS. This is done in the System Administration – Setup – System Parameters – Help Tab.
When you click the Help Tab you will see the option to authenticate to LCS. Click “Click here to connect to LifeCycle Services”. Authiorization is done in another tab.
Close the new tab and click OK on the previous tab.
Select your LCS project
You will need to have a user in LCS that uses the same Azure AD credentials as the one you are logged into D365FO with.
- To look at the reports in the repository, select it and click Open. You will see the reports stored in the LCS repository.