In Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Microsoft provides a large repository for Electronic Reports. These cover a lot of scenarios but for those scenarios that requires custom reports you can use LCS to store these in order to share them between environments.
This requires a configuration in D365
First you need to add a configuration provider:
- In D365FO search for “Electronic Reporting”
- In the right click Configuration Providers
- Click New, Give it a Name and a URL and click save
- Back in the GER Workspace select the new provider and click Repositories
- On the Configuration repositories screen click Add – LCS and Create Repository. Select the correct LCS project and click OK.
Note: Sometimes you need to make a connection to LCS. To do that click “Click here to connect to LifeCycle Services”. This is done in a separate tab. When it is done switch back to the previous tab and click OK. If you get an error, try again.
- To look at the reports in the repository, select it and click Open. You will see the reports stored in the LCS repository.
- You are also able to see them directly in LCS, in the Asset Library. If you are working as a consultant this report can then be saved to your personal Asset Library and shared with your colleagues
- To give your organization access to your custom report, go to the Shared Asset Library, select it and click Publish