Today I had upgrade a CA from Standalone to Enterprise. Here is a chacklist:
- Backup the CA using the CA Management Console. Right-click on the server name in the console and under All Tasks select Back up CA.
- Select the following options:
- Enter a password for the export files.
- Click Finish to start the export.
- Test restoring the database on a lab computer with the same name.
- Uninstall the Certificate Services from Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Uncheck the checkbox to uninstall.
- Go back to Add/Remove Windows Components and check the checkbox for certificate Services.
- Select Enterprise Root CA and remeber to check “Use custom settings to generate the key pair and CA certificate”
- Click import to import the backed up root cert, click Yes to overwrite the old keys
- On the screen for Certificate Databaser Settings click “Preserve existing certificate database”