We have been running an integrated pipeline for RSAT test for a while now but all of the testing has been focused towards stabilizing the tests and minimize noise and false positives. In doing this we have selected to run it against our SIT (OneBox) environment.
We have now decided to start testing for real in our UAT environment, which means that we need to redirect RSAT to connect to one of our Tier 2 environments instead. We will still use the SIT environment as a RSAT client but with an alternate configuration. This is a short step-by-step guide on how to create the new configuration.
- Log into the RSAT client computer and start RSAT
- Change the URL and SOAP URL to the:
- In LCS go to the UAT environment and export the RSAT Certificate. Remember to save the export password.
- Upload the file and extract it on the RSAT client machine
- Install the cer file to Local Machine – Trusted Root Certificate Authorities
- Import the .pfx file (using the password above) to the local machine
more details are here: https://aka.ms/lcsRsatReadme
- In RSAT – Setting change the certificate thumbprint to the one for your Tier 2 environment.
- In order to use the new config but still be able to test against the SIT enviroenment, click Save As at the top of the page ang save the new configuration to a file. You can now manually switch between the two configurations and also use the different files in build and deploy pipelines.
That is all for today… Good Luck and happy testing 🙂
Regression suite automation tool installation and configuration – Finance & Operations | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Docs
Troubleshoot the Regression suite automation tool – Finance & Operations | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Docs