So this one involves Reporting Services and AX. One of my customers had an issue printing a report today and the error he got was that the report did not exist.
I checked the SSRS web UI and sure enough I could see it… The problem was that it was not correctly published from AX. To fix this I went into the UAT (Ctrl?D), found the report, right-clicked it and clicked Deploy Element.
I tried it and everything looked fine and dandy… or so I thought
When I went into the SSRS Web I found that the reports I just published ended up in a new subfolder and not in the standard DynamicsAX folder
Turned out there was an error in the AX Reporting Server Setup
So I changed it and everything worked fine. Remember to delete the extra folder that was created by mistake in SSRS Web.
So the problem was actually in my case not an issue with a published report… it was an error with the path containing reports…
That’s all for today
Today we look at a tiny issue… Permissions in problems. I got an email from a user containing the following error message:
This is quite a simple problem… with (in this case) a little twist. The customer is not using the default SRSS instance which meant that when I first tried to fix the problem I did it in the wrong instance .
To fix this, you first go to the AX client – System administration – Business Intelligence – Report Servers. Copy the information from the field called Report Manager URL, this should normally look like http://ReportServer/Reports but in my case it was http://ReportServer/Reports_AX_PROD_SSRS.
Start your browser and go to the URL you copied before. You should see something like this
Click the down arrow and select Security. Click New Role Assignment
Enter Domain users and check DynamicsAXBrowser… Since AX is normally handling the security of which data is displayed in the report it is not a problem to add Domain Users… I the user is not an AX user no data will be displayed
That’s all folks